Direct-To-Garment Printing (DTG) is a process of printing on textiles using eco solvent ink jet technology.
DTG printers typically have a platen designed to hold the garment in a fixed position, and the printer inks are sprayed onto the textile by the print head. It requires the garment to be pre-treated with a Pre-treatment solution available for both Dark and Light Garments.
Then the pre-treated garment goes onto the printer for printing after that , it moves for the curing process to let garment fibers absorb the inks.
Following steps are mandatory for following :
1. Stronger bond between garment fibers and the pigmented inks.
2. Chemically reacts with the inks to promote drying and curing.
3. Since this is a digital process the print is sharper and has a higher resolution than traditional printing methods such as screen printing.
4. However unlike screen printing, there is no long setup or clean-up process.
5. DTG has the ability to print just one single garment for minimal cost.
#make your own shirt
#design your own shirt
#dtg printing process